Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On Christmas Day...

It will snow 4 inches.
Santa will put a swimming pool in my backyard.
The troops in Iraq will all pack up and come home.
T.O. will catch 3 touchdowns and have 200 yards receiving.

I hope #1 and #3 happen but I'm not betting on any of it.

This is more likely...
The gift opening will be over in minutes in a whirlwind of noise and paper.
Batteries for something will be missing.
Thousands, maybe millions, will call loved ones to say Merry Christmas.
Thousands, maybe millions, wll talk about the diet and exercise program they are starting in a few days.
Thousands, maybe millions, will talk about diet and exercise while eating their 3rd piece of pie/cake/dessert.
Someone will be sad they didn't get what they wanted.
Lots of people will be in a rush to get the flat panel HDTV hooked up before the basketball and football games start.
People will start their shopping plans for returns/sales the next morning.
Dads will want to play with their childrens new toys.
More people will smile and more people will appreciate their life than normal.

I look forward to Christmas Day. It's the culmination of a busy, busy time of year and a time where I can almost always slow down, look around me and see the blessings I have. It's a day where people really do think of others and make a pledge to try and do it more often for the next 364 days. It's a day of hope, a day of peace (albeit a loud peace at times), a day to remember the gifts and THE GIFT.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. There will be no blog on Thursday. I have an eye doctor appointment and then a special appointment with a beautiful young lady to spend the day shopping for fun. It's a special time I have with my daughter and I am elated it will be here soon.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You and Kory have a wonderful time! Merry Christmas!