Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Carols Are In My Head

I'm hearing the Christmas songs so much that they are always in my head now.

I appreciate the gift giving thoughts from the 3 wise guys. The fly rod would definitely top the list.

It seems people would get tired of fighting. I was reading an article yesterday about the fighting and killing in the middle east and the bad blood between the Fatahs and Hammas. One group killed the children of the leader of the other group within the last few days. I cannot fathom someone giving the order to go kill children or the ability to pull the trigger in that situation. It blows my mind that they can kill and kill and kill and never see the insanity of it all.

The other story that won't quit (and shouldn't) is when our troops will come home. One of my son's teachers from last year as endured her husband being in Iraq for many, many months. I'm not sure how long he was there but he came back home recently and the plan and hope is that he will not be redeployed but will begin a training position here for the immediate future. I cannot imagine having a loved one in that area of the world right now. I do hope our leaders will find a way to get those troops back home and back home quickly.

Join me in praying that God will be able to intervene in these world events and that our children can know peace on earth and goodwill to men.

No comments: