Monday, June 05, 2006

Two Weeks and Counting

At this time in two weeks, I'll be preparing to board an airplane headed for Miami and then to Aracaju, Brazil. It will be at this point that I've finally given up worrying about what I forgot to pack and will be diligently praying that the airlines gives me a seat with plenty of leg room. :)

Thirty people from our church in Decatur will be headed to Aracaju to visit a church that we have supported for the past 3 years and a missionary we have supported for almost 4 years. We are going to help with some evangelizing and some teaching while there but mostly this trip will be about building relationships with brothers and sisters we don't know but already love, brothers and sisters who are different in many ways but share a common bond with each of us. We will be foreigners, a concept that is new to many of us. We will be in a land that speaks a different language, eats different foods and has a different culture. All the while, we will revel in the joy and knowledge that we are all looking forward to the same home in Heaven one day.

I'll post more about the trip in the next few weeks and, hopefully, will blog some while I'm there. In the meantime, I ask for your prayers. I ask that you pray for a safe journey and a good experience and most of all, I ask that you pray that God will work in us to encourage, love and lift each other up and that we all come to know Him in a deeper and more intimate relationship.

No comments: