Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Time Crunch

I'm living in a time crunch. It's those moments where there is much to do and time is running short to do it all. A couple of birthdays, lots of work, planning and packing for a trip. At times, it is hard to get it all done and even harder to stay focused on what must be done. Losing focus for me is the worst part of the problem. If I can stay true to what I need to do, I can usually get it done but at times, all the demands run together and I'm paralyzed by trying to think of all of them at one time instead of dealing with each demand on it's own.

I know this is one way the Devil gets to me. I lose focus of the one important thing (Jesus) and get turned around thinking about a bunch of other issues. My focus becomes blurry and I start reaching out in many different directions, flailing about at all the things coming towards me instead of staying focused on what I need to get me over each obstacle. I pray that my focus will remain constant on my Savior and knowing that as long as I am focused on Him, I will have the strength to take on whatever else comes my way.

No comments: