Monday, June 12, 2006

Frustration

I'm pretty sure I've already written a blog today and posted it but when I checked a moment ago, it was no where to be seen. The Internet is supposed to make my life easier, isn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------

One week and counting. At about this time next week, I'll be sitting on a plane that is preparing to take a number of people from our church to Aracaju, Brazil (technically, we'll be on 3 different planes but you get the idea). It is exciting and a bit scary too. Overall, I'm excited about the opportunity to meet my brothers and sisters in Christ that I have prayed for, sent financial support to and heard many thrilling stories about their path to God. I am excited to study with them, worship with them and glorify God together in two languages. I started preparing one of my lessons last night with wonder of what I will say that they may not understand because of differences in culture or language. I wonder what challenges we will find once we get there. I wonder what we will eat and many other of those type issues but know and trust that it will work out in the end. We aren't the first travelers to make this trip...just a bunch of inexperienced travelers. Yet, my mind returns to the images I have of all of us with Bibles open, singing together and the time of fellowship. I think I'm mentally ready, just not physically ready.

Keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

My guess is that they will be extremely blessed by you all going. But the group from here will receive life-changing blessings. That's usually the way it goes.