Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Journey Home Is At Hand

We will meet in about 2 hours to catch the bus to begin our journey home. I dread the flights but look forward with great anticipation to seeing my family, my home and my friends. It has been an awesome experience - eye opening, encouraging and faith building. I've eaten food that is different, tried to communicate with people who couldn't understand me and slept in conditions I wouldn't imagine at home yet none of it is was unbearable and I think my perspective on life, on people and the world will be forever changed in positive ways.

I am thankful to God allowing us to be here, for blessing us with safety and showing us the love that is possible between those who believe in Him no matter their language, culture or any other differences. I am thankful for people willing to take the good news to all parts of the world. I am thankful for brothers and sisters willing to encourage others and share the joy of Christ. I am thankful for a church family who supported this trip through prayer, encouragement and money. I am thankful to a wife and family who supported me to go and see all that I have.

I pray that we will return home safely and that the lives of all of us who have made this trip will be used to push our desire to share Christ and His salvation at home and abroad.

No comments: