Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hatred. It is a cancer that will tear a person up. Physically, emtionally...spriritually, hatred destroys people.
I was listening intermittently to a new show this morning talking about the recent bombings in Iraq. I believe one mentioned had a suicide bomber walking into a wedding killing people. Others have been in buses, shopping markets, restaurants and other places. Can you grasp the hatred these psychopathic (my own medical diagnosis) people have for others? I'm not sure I can but I know it is something horrible to convince them strapping a bomb to their bodies and killing randomly is a good idea. Hatred has killed them long before the bomb explodes.
I can't fathom it. In America, we are truly blessed. Yes, we have had instances of killing and bombing at abortion clinics, hate crimes committed again gays, blacks and others. We are not immune to it but thankfully it hasn't taken on the fanaticism it has in other parts of the world.
I pray that God will wipe out hatred. Even at it's smallest level of infection, it can eat people up. Just carrying the hatred, not acting on it, will tear us down and tear us away from God.
Lord, give me strength to remain righteous in your eyes.

No comments: