Friday, November 18, 2005

Dennis and Rick, thank you so much for your help around the house. You are invaluable. Once you have mowed, pulled weeds out of the flowerbed, trimmed the trees by the road and washed all the windows, I'll be sure to give you a public praising. What would we do without you?

It is a beautiful day. The sun is out, the temperature is great (for me, at least) and I'm reflecting on how many good things I have in my life. Thanksgiving is coming and I always ask myself this time of year if I can mentally list all the things I'm thankful for. It's tough, it really is. I encourage you to try it, to really think about what you are thankful for. Think back into your past to today and think about what you believe the future holds.

I don't know how long it would take me to write that list down. I could start with things from years past like my purple bike or the great memories I have with David Cheek and bring myself to the present with the relatively good health that I have today and the hope for a cure for diabetes tomorrow, my parents, my family and on and on. You've got 6 days to Thanksgiving - start making your mental list today.

I have so much to be thankful for that it is almost funny when I start to think about the "bad" things in my life. I am blessed beyond imagination. I trust that God is giving me all that I need and all that He needs for me to have. Most of all, I'm thankful I have His mercy and the blood of His son to cover me. What more do I need?

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Isn't that something? We are too busy to count our blessings! However, it would take me a long time -- that's for sure. Thanks for the reminder today.

zwylv