Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Feeling bad isn't fun. I got a request today to send a friend an email to cheer them up. They are going through some rough times mentally and several people are going to email him and try to help encourage him. He's one of those guys that many would envy. He's got a good job and a good family and he's a really neat person so most people couldn't imagine he's down. He's a Christian and he knows what is most important in his life yet he's still struggling because of things going on around him. Sound familiar? I know it does for me. There are struggles I face and I just don't see the situation improving. I pray and feel like I'm waiting on God but I haven't seen the result I'm hoping for yet. After a while, it is easy to start feeling mentally and physically worn down. I know I have better days ahead of me, I know heaven waits for me yet I only see today.

I've found there is only one thing that beats the "blues" for me and that is to pray more and put all my faith in God. I don't know the timing of how he will help me, I don't know what he will do. It's quite possible that the issues I battle will remain issues for me and the obstacles will challenge me to be stronger in my faith. I don't know what God has planned but I know He has done more than anyone can or will to make my future brighter. I will continue to face things in life that can wear me down, I will continue to let people down, I will continue to let God down but He will remain faithful, He will uphold His promise to me.

People may not see the best in me and people may not see the worst in me. Either way, only God can make me whole. Only God can lift me up to where I truly want to be. Please dear God, help me keep my eyes and thoughts focused on you. Please remind me how much you love me and let me know that through anything I face, you remain true to me.

I hope my friend will find peace. I hope the emails he gets will remind him that people love him even when they aren't with him. More than that, I hope that he will stay focused on the love God has for him and that love, more than anything, will help him find peace. I hope the same for you.

No comments: