Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of a very, very good friend.  He is someone who has consistently spoken joy and hope into my life.  He is someone who has spurred me to be a better person, even more, to know God more intimately.  He shared his love of mission work with me and encouraged me to experience the great commission personally.  He has loved me when I have told him the darkest, ugliest secrets of my life and he has prayed for me without ceasing.  He is my friend but he is so much more than that.  He is my brother and someone I love without condition.  Happy birthday Everett.


I'm still baffled when people don't believe we are twins though.  I'm on the left and Everett is on the right. 


Monday night was another great night for Wise County Christian Counseling.  The work being done by Beverly, Jenna and Staci is incredible and hundreds of people are being helped.  They helped 292 families in 2010.  292!  That's awesome but there is still a waiting list to get in.  The other cool thing to me is that our average revenue per session is $38.  Most people pay $100 at a minimum for a counseling session so we know we are achieving our mission of bringing excellent, Christ-centered counseling to people who couldn't afford it otherwise.  The people there last night and many others play an integral role in bringing hope to the hurting through their donations to WCCC so our counselors can continue to do what they do to offer hope, healing and reconciliation to others.

We  had a great financial response last night and I know those people and many others are praying that God will continue to use WCCC for his glory.

We were blessed to hear from Janet White last night, the widow of Randy White who was a Bridgeport Police officer who was murdered in the line of duty.  Janet is an incredible woman and I know she is a source of help strength for many people through what she has suffered and through her faith in God.
 
“A new command I give you: Love one another [emphasis mine]. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.   By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another [emphasis mine].” - John 13:34-35

Grace and peace to you. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the fundraiser went well. Wish we could have been there.

Happy Birthday Everett.

I can really see the family resemblance.:)

Rick Ross said...

God is certainly affirming the ministry of Wise CCC.

Happy Birthday, Everett!