Tuesday, April 05, 2011

4-0, UConn and 1 Loss

I'm sitting here thinking how exciting it is that the Rangers are 4-0 behind real good pitching and a bunch of homeruns.  Honestly, I wish the Rangers were grinding out runs instead of hitting bombs because the bats will cool off but, hey, I'll enjoy it while I can.


I'm sitting here after just watching One Shining Moment which is played at the end of every Final 4.  I love the videos and good for UConn and their big win.  I wish Butler could have pulled one out, similar to Texas Western many moons ago, except without the racial overtones.


I'm sitting here wondering how the parents of a 14 year old boy who was found dead Sunday morning are coping because I cannot fathom what they are going through.


The Rangers are 4-0, UConn is the National Champion for a brief while and the Sitzman family will not see their young son grow up.  Two of those things make me happy but it's fleeting and one of those things just gnaws at my gut while I wonder why.


It's a question I won't know an answer to but it upsets me all the same.  It makes me ask God "why?" without expecting an answer.  It makes me want to touch my kids, to see their smile, to hear their voice.  I'm fortunate to only be separated from them for brief periods but they are excruciating periods of time.


I wonder if God feels that way about me.  I wonder if he wants me in heaven with him as soon as possible or if he's content because he can see me here and now.  Another question I won't have an answer to anytime soon.  Nor do I need one.


However, it's times like this when my faith is shakier.  It's times like this when I have more questions than contentment.  Still, I know that God's ways are not my ways and I cannot begin to comprehend all his thoughts.  I hope I will wake up in the morning and simply be willing to follow his direction.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

So many things we cannot explain or understand. And that is so different from the "religion" I was raised with -- where the Bible "answers every question we ever have."

I am still striving toward "being content with the mystery." God is God and I am not.