Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Babbling Brook

That's kind of how I feel about this post today.  Just babbling.  I'm on my way to Las Vegas.  Woohoo.  I've got $5,000 in cash and I'm ready to win big.  Truth is I'm on my way to Vegas and I have $40 in my pocket because I don't see myself gambling too much.  One the last trip I wagered $3 and won $6 I think.  I am OVER THE TOP.  Ha-ha.  I'm ready to take care of business (the real reason for the trip) and get home.

I saw the lead-in to Entertainment Tonight Monday night and wanted to throw the remote at the TV.  The Royal Wedding?  Seriously, is that the most important thing people have on their plate?  Contrast that with a Facebook post by a friend on Saturday that he was with his church youth group in downtown Dallas trying to serve the homeless. 

I'm glad I've attained perfection so I can criticize others.

That's a BIG joke folks.  Still, how much press can 2 people getting married receive as well as Charlie Sheen and whether Susan Lucci is going to join Desperate Housewives?  Do these people not know the Rangers game is on TV? 

I don't know what to say after watching the news and watching the homes burning near Possum Kingdom lake except, "Lord, send rain and protect the firefighters and others who are putting their lives on the line and those who are volunteering their time."

I've been keeping up with some Facebook posts by several who are debating the existence of a literal hell.  It's another argument that does draw some interest from me but one that, in the end, matters little to me.  Maybe it will be a bigger issue to know these answers one day but for now, I just want to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and serve others as I believe he has called me to do and prepare for an eternity in heaven.  Now, I'm not going to start telling everyone to enjoy life on earth and live it up because they have a free pass to heaven because I don't believe that is what the Bible says but if I get to heaven and it's filled up with people who claimed to be non-believers, murderers, drug users, liars, and whoever else God decides is worthy to be there, I'll say HALLELUJAH and ask to be pointed to the fly fishing area.  (I also want to know where the golf course is so I can go say hi to Rick.)

To that end, if and when I have all the facts about everything God knows, I'll share it here.  Until then, I'll post what I believe, be willing to listen to other ideas and try to know more about my incredible father and Lord.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love today's post.

I really get a lot out of the posts where you claim you're babbling. Seriously.

You're a gifted babbler!:)

Be safe in Vegas.

amyg said...

Maybe what a person believes about hell as a literal, eternal desitination is important because it correlates with what that person believes about God? It does not seem to fit into the "Oh! It really doesn't matter" category for me. :o)