Friday, October 08, 2010

Wowsy Woo Woo

Good writers would tell me to work on my titles I'm guessing.


How about those Rangers?!  I can't believe I'm missing the games but glad they are winning without me.


I've spent the last 2 days and will spend today at a Christian Leadership conference and I am getting filled up.  It's tough because I'm overfilled and can't process it all right now but what a great blessing to be a part of this.  A few thoughts from the past 2 days:

* Francis Chan in person is SO MUCH BETTER than in a book or on a video.  What an incredibly inspirational guy.  The funny thing is, he doesn't want to be that guy.  He simply wants to see his life fit in the Bible story so that if you read a story of his life, it would fit with the stories of the apostles.  Novel idea.  (Short aside here, if you haven't read his book Crazy Love I think you are missing out.  I think it's a must-read for any Christian.  Make that MUST-READ.)

* Andy Stanley is a great storyteller.  I heard the story of Esau today in a way I never had and it convicted me I need to be careful of stew.  I hope that makes you wonder what I'm talking about it because I hope to share it one day.

* There are a lot of Christian leaders who need a new hairstyle, need a shave, need new shoes, need to drop the skinny jeans.  I'm also guessing the guys with lots of piercings and tattoos aren't from the Church of Christ (but I think Rick and Jacob could start a new trend!).  

* There are some incredibly talented musicians/singers serving the Lord.  I really liked the reggae stuff I heard today.  (Shout out to EC!)

* Beth Moore said she felt odd speaking today because the audience is predominantly male.  T.D. Jakes is up tomorrow and I wonder if he will feel odd also.  The audience is very light skinned!  :)

* I'm looking forward to hearing Jakes.  I've watched some video clips and he certainly brings it in what I've seen.

* I got to spend some time Wednesday night with an old friend.  I appreciate how time helps our perspectives on the way we see things.

* Compassion International does incredible work.  Project 7 Coffee is a great new opportunity.  Check 'em out.

What has been driven home the most...I want to give more.  More money, more time, more love.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: