Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ginger Ale

The Rangers won!  Here's to hoping the next series goes at least 6 games because I have tickets for Game 6. 


I thought it was cool that the players celebrated with ginger ale so Josh Hamilton and C.J. Wilson could join the party.  That's a little glimpse of who this team is.


The scripture that popped up on my blog today was Jeremiah 29:11.  I love it but always wish Jeremiah 29:12 would contain specifics of what the plans are for me.

I wish I didn't have desert places.  I feel like I'm entering into one now and it seems impossible to explain to someone else why I feel that way.  But I do.  I know God uses the desert to teach me and refine me.  I would prefer a cabin in the mountains.  The desert is so desolate.  It doesn't have all the stuff I want, the stuff that makes me comfortable, that stuff that allows my mind to wander, the stuff I'm used to.  No, it's just me and God.  Me learning to trust that all I need will be provided and to be content with that.  God there with his arms open, waiting for me to choose him or my own path.  I don't like the desert but my previous trip through it brought me to new heights of recognition of who and what God is and for that, I am thankful for the journey.

Grace and peace to you.



No comments: