Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

It was a wacky travel day for me yesterday.  I flew to OKC in a Cessna, was driven to my destination in a mini-van, was returned to the airport in a Freightliner, couldn't fly out because of mechanical problems and made it home in a rented Hyundai.  Today, it's most likely I'll drive my truck to work and then drive it home. 

I watched snippets of the Cowboys game last night.  U-G-L-Y.  Goodbye Wade.  I think people have already said goodbye to the offensive line because they don't seem to be there any longer.

I was fortunate enough to be at Game 5 of the ALCS last Friday to witness history.  An incredible night and I'm excited about what's coming in the World Series.  I'll be at Game 4 too! 

I got a couple of incredibly touching responses to a blog I wrote last week.  They both touched me and challenged me to pray about what is written here.  Of course, today's post isn't much to pray over but I do hope I am given the thoughts and words in days to come to encourage, to give peace, to share the blessings of grace and mercy, to spread love and to challenge more growth in God's will.  The kicker is I hope it is me who will get all of those things out of what is written as much or more than anyone else who reads it.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I'd even be willing to keep Wade if we could get rid of the General Manager.

I bet it was incredible to be at the ballpark last Friday!