Thursday, October 07, 2010

God Answers Prayers

The Rangers won soundly.  Could there be any doubt God answers prayer?  OK, just trying to be funny there so I hope I don't get hit by lightning.  Go get 'em, CJ!


I've been thinking about shutting down the blog again.  So many questions, so often too few answers.  Then, someone I don't know writes a response that I can only believe is God talking through her encouraging me to keep going.  So I will.  God answers prayers.


Then, in the midst of a hard day mentally, emotionally and spiritually, I hear this comment; "when did God ever ask anyone to do something that was easy?"  It was an answer to the prayer of "where are you God?"  I'm starting to feel alone again, abandoned may be a better word.  I'm under attack and trying to understand things but it's hard right now.  Tough stuff is happening with/through people close to me and it is trying and I wonder why God isn't setting hearts and minds right and then I get that question posed today.  And I think it's God answer to my question of where He is.  He's right here, ready to walk me through a hard time but using the hard time to open my eyes, to open my mind, to open my heart to His desire to exhibit love in all things.


It has taken me to a thought I had several months back that all my growth with God has come in the midst of pain and suffering and I'm not sure I want the pain and suffering to go away because I don't want to get comfortable and quit growing spiritually.  I also know that God has to lead us out of the pain at times so we don't buckle under the weight.  Sometimes that happens quickly, sometimes it takes awhile.


God, keep me strong and courageous to take on tough times.  Prepare me to handle floods, to wait, to stand up to opposition who wants to kill my spirit, to kill my desire and to kill my will to follow you, to fight injustice, to battle in times of trial and yet to love, to give, to share, to pray and to be compassionate.


God answers prayers.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm not sure if I was the stranger in question...but if so, I am grateful that you understood and accepted my thoughts. I am inspired by your writing and selfishly hope you keep at it. Whatever you decide, I know you will continue to search for your purpose and accept God's Will in your life.

Jeff said...

Thanks Kristen. You are the one and while I don't know you, I sat at a lunch with friends last Monday who all know you. I appreciate what you said and thank you for stopping by.