Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why?

I have asked God "why?" more times in the past year than I might have asked him in the past 45 years.  Today, like many days, I ask why children have to suffer.  Adults, I can understand.  They have experience and they have seen more suffering which means they should be able to deal with it better than a child.  This weekend I lost a friend but 2 kids lost a father and all I can muster is "why?"


I'm attending the funeral today and all I can think is "why?"  In my life, I have seen how my trials and struggles have allowed me to reach out to other people yet I don't feel like I can reach some of the people closest to me.  Why?  Bad things happen that I didn't want to happen but couldn't stop.  Why?  The same pain I feel is felt by others and it could create issues for generations to come.  Why?  Why did you let it happen God?  You can speak a word and the world can stop.  So why didn't you stop this?  Why?

I know that God is a much bigger thinker and visionary than I am.  I know His ways are not my ways and his thoughts are not my thoughts.  Praise God for that because in my limited ability to understand, all I can come up with is "why?" 

Jeremiah 29:11. 

I just wish I knew too but I will accept there are reasons I don't.

I would ask anyone reading this to say a prayer for Sergio Gonzales' family today.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I graduated high school with Sergio in 1991. Such a nice and genuine guy. I cannot attend the funeral today, but I am praying for his family. I know all too well what they face ahead. Along with "why" comes "how". How can I continue? How can I find purpose? How can I keep faith? How can I love again and risk losing it? I am very sorry for your loss, but also very thankful that you were in Sergio's life here on Earth.