Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Getting Slower

I haven't done a good job blogging of late.  There is much on my mind but, once again, it's not coming out of my head and onto paper in a sensible state.  Many people would tell you that most of what comes out of my head doesn't come out in a sensible state.  I don't always disagree! 


GO RANGERS!  Cliff Lee is on the bump tonight.  I don't care what you have planned.  Drop it and watch the game.  If you are a Yankees fan, I hope your sewer has problems and you get tied up with that. 


I had some great conversations with friends, new and old, this weekend.  Wonderful times.


Here's a thought I had from yesterday that I'm still working on but it's rolling around in my head; I look for God to be a warrior in my physical life and expect Him to serve me in my spiritual life.  God is expecting me to serve Him in my physical life while He takes on the role of warrior in my spiritual life. 

I hear people talk about God being a warrior and I wonder why He isn't winning the battles I want Him to win.  I think I'm looking in the wrong places again, wanting God to do my will.  I read John Eldredge and others talking about the God in battle and I don't see the victory but I'm looking in the physical realm and ignoring the spiritual realm.  ALERT!  God's not the problem here.

It was a good reminder for me of where the battle is, of what the lamb is and who should be serving who (or is that whom?). 

Grace and peace to you.



2 comments:

Kristen said...

Very interesting thoughts about our changing roles in the physical versus spiritual worlds. It sounds like you have a good network of Christian friends helping you with the Earthly battles. That is a blessing, especially during the hard times when our defenses are low. We can all learn something from the Rangers...adversity and failure can eventually lead to greater things...

Jeff said...

Kristen, great point about the Rangers.

I trust you have some good friends surrounding you also. I know some people who know you and they speak highly of you.