Thursday, March 04, 2010

Living It Out

A good friend recently said "if people truly believe in a literal heaven and hell, it seems like they would act different."  That's been stuck in my head the last few days as I ponder how I'm living.  Do I approach each day living as if there is a real heaven or hell awaiting me or do I approach each day like there will always be a tomorrow if I can just muddle through today?


Do I find the opportunity each day to share Christ with someone or am I more focused on the basketball game I want to go to?  Do I find the opportunity to serve someone each day or am I more focused on where I want to eat lunch?  Do people see Christ living in me or do they see a guy just getting through the day, just trying to survive the rat-race?


I want to start living each day much more committed to the reality of my belief that there is a heaven and a hell and that there is a Savior who died for me so I could live in heaven and that I have been called to exhibit Christ-likeness in my words and actions.  I want people to know I believe there is a heaven because of my joy through Jesus Christ and the unexplainable love of God, the Father and my Lord.


Yes, my good friend, I do believe in heaven and I do believe in hell and I hope your words will push me to live more wholly devoted to Christ each day.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: