Friday, March 26, 2010

Homeward Bound

I'm sitting in the Chicago airport waiting to catch a plane back to the Metromess surrounded by a world community.  A woman sitting close to me that might not be a woman.  A family that I'm guessing is from Germany - it sounds like German to me anyway.  A dad taking two of his boys to Japan for spring break and hundreds of other people coming home and going somewhere.  I always enjoy sitting back and watching, trying to guess their stories.  It's fascinating to me how people come and go, some are hurried, others not, all with places to go and people to see.  I wonder if they are all aware of their purpose?


I attended the Catalyst One Day conference at Willow Creek Church yesterday.  An awesome conference and a great facility.  What church shouldn't have a cafeteria that will feed 2,100 people in an hour, have a coffee shop that is bigger than any Starbucks I've been to and it's own bookstore?  Anyway, I'm at the conference on my own and walk up to the line to get in and find myself next to a guy wearing cowboy boots.  I asked where he was from and his response cracked me up.  "I'm from a little town outside Fort Worth, Texas called Bridgeport."  I laughed and told him I was from a little town outside Fort Worth, Texas called Decatur.  What are the odds?  I later ran into a friend who used to live in Decatur but moved several years ago.  It's a small world.


The Catalyst conference was awesome.  The topic was momentum and while it was targeted to church leaders (all of them should have been there) it applied to the business world equally well.  It was a blessing and a great learning experience to be there.


I'm ready to head home and it's time to head to the gate.  Sic 'em Bears!


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I hope you will share some things with me.