Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Travel Problems?

Did you know there could be some travel problems over the next few days? The news is reporting on it diligently and I'm just wondering who is so new to this country that they don't remember this happens every year. I can't help but be bored and laugh at all the news reports at this time every year, during an ice storm, the malls the day after Thanksgiving and a few others I am likely forgetting. Anyway, if you plan to fly over the next few days, it's going to be tough. Good luck.
__________________________________________________

The Cowboys cut their kicker yesterday. What a brutal job. Little recognition when you are accurate, dumped when you're not. At least you don't get hit by very large people on a regular basis.
__________________________________________________

The Shack may become one of my favorite all-time books simply because of a connection I finally made while reading it - God always sees me as his child and places a high value on me regardless of what I am doing to ruin the relationship; he never turns away. Through tough times, this understanding of my relationship with God has been something I have held tightly and it has done as much or more than anything to give me strength for the spiritual battle for my heart and soul. I shared this concept with someone yesterday who was not feeling good about their life and I hope it helps them take a step closer to God today.

I do not have the words to describe my love for God. I pray I will continue to draw closer to him every moment of every day. Through my new relationship with him, I have found the peace that transcends understanding.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I loved that about The Shack too.