Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Present

My dad got his first hole-in-one yesterday. He sounded like a kid on Christmas morning when he called to tell me about it...and he should. That's a cool pre-Christmas present. Way to go, Dad!

The Whataburger basketball tournament cranks up next week. One of my favorite things to do every year is spend some time watching some great teams and college bound players hoop it up.

Christmas Day is around the corner. For me, it can easily become a time of constant tension because of the pace at work and all the activity that surrounds this time of year. I'm wanting to take some time this Christmas Day to talk to God and thank him for the birth of a savior, a gift to me and to the world who has changed the course of history (or maybe I should say eternity), who took on evil, who lived and loved and showed me what I can be and who I should be, who forgave all sin - even putting him to death on a cross.

Merry Christmas!

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Way to go, Mr. Jones! I'm still looking for my first one.