Monday, December 28, 2009

362 More Days Til Christmas

The Cowboys are 2-0 since Jerry took a picture with my son. Coincidence?
____________________________________________________

This is always a crazy week for me. It's the end of the year so I'm trying to remember all the things we need to wrap up for year end and it's time for some great high school hoops action that I always want to go see. It looks like I'll be working more and seeing less basketball than I would like but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.
____________________________________________________

As I end 2009, I look back at some rough seas and plenty of storms but I can only leave the year hope-filled because of the miles I have traveled getting closer to my Lord. He is patient, he is faithful, he is loving and merciful. He has held his arms open waiting for me to come to him. I am humbled that he never turned away, that he never gave up on me. Through my lifetime, there have been plenty of opportunities for God to see me as a lost cause but his love and concern for me is so overwhelming that he waited patiently for me to give him my heart. I pray that 2010 will continue to find me emptying myself of my desire and control by dark forces and living in submission to the Lord's will for my life. I pray that he will use me to his glory. It's a scary prayer because I know I might have to go places that aren't in my regular rounds but I also believe that being a disciple means I will find comfort in the uncomfortable because he is with me.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You and Jerry -- I never would have though it would happen.