Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sports Break

The Heisman is awarded this Saturday. I would love to see Colt win it but his play this year hasn't earned it for him. However, I don't know that the other candidates have significantly better years. One person I talked to said they hoped Colt would get it based on what he has done for 4 years. While that's not the purpose of the Heisman, it would be a fitting way to send Colt out.

That said, I'm not sure that Suh from Nebraska shouldn't get it. He's a beast.

I hear the Cowboys play on Sunday. Go Chargers!

The Rangers are wheeling and dealing at the winter meetings. They traded Kevin Millwood and his $12 million salary to Baltimore for a reliever and some cash. With the money they are saving, they are signing Rich Harden who has been a stud but struggled with the Cubs last year. If he gets back on track...watch out. I hear they are also trading Max Ramirez (catching prospect) for Mike Lowell and Boston will pick up most of Lowell's salary. He's a solid batter and will make a good backup at 3rd or possibly 1st. It's a bad deal for him I suppose but good for Texas. I hear they are trying to pick up Vlad Guerrero too. The guy can barely move it seems but he hits the ball so stinking hard that he still gets lots of doubles and home runs.
______________________________________________

Peter, the fisherman from the Bible, was in our class last night. I never pictured him wearing a fishing vest with leaders and a snippet on the front but there he was looking like he was ready to go fly-fishing. I like Peter even better now!
______________________________________________

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I too would like to see Colt win the Heisman, and I agree that maybe no one else deserves it more even though he did not have a good a year as last year.

It seems to me that, in general, the voters have a bias toward the SEC. But that may not be true.

Suh would certainly be deserving.

Unknown said...

I'm, of course, for Colt too. But he really needed a telling performance Saturday night (which he did not have).

I'd love to get Vlad for the Rangers. All he does is wreak havoc against us. Maybe he could pound the ball for us for a change.