Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Verse of the Day

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,” (Philippians 1:9-10)

What if every day was spent making our love abound? What if we were both givers and receivers of abounding love? Imagine satan waking up everyday to find a world filled with abounding love. What a hoot. I can see him jumping into a pig and running off down the hill into the lake and drowning himself because that is what happens to sin in the presence of abounding love.

Dictionary.com defines abounding as to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers. Does your love abound? Mine does...for seconds at a time and then its back to the routine of the day but what if...what if my I shared abounding love in every interaction and action? I think I would look a lot more like Jesus and I think sin would flee from me instead of lurk around trying to take hold of me.

What would happen if the people we have conflicts with were met by our abounding love? What would happen if our enemies were met with abounding love?

I'm asking a lot of "what if" questions because I don't know what it would look like from past experience but I am praying today that I will exhibit that type of love more and more. I want to look more like Jesus and less like my old self. I'm asking a lot of "what if" questions because this blog is written to me and it is something I want to work on in my life.

Grace and peace to you.


No comments: