Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Elvis Sighting

Elvis Andrus, the youngster the Rangers brought in to play shortstop while asking a Gold Glove'r to move to 3rd was the #3 Play of the Day on ESPN this morning. Two incredible plays against the Indians and it's little wonder why the Rangers wanted him at short this year.

I did get an email showing an old trailer with Elvis and Michael Jackson hanging out together. Funny in a weird way.

I always want to spell weird with the i before the e.

I read this yesterday in an email I get from Os Hillman:
"When our concern for serving Jesus exceeds our need to be with Jesus, we are in danger of focusing on the lesser thing. The hardest thing to do for most workplace believers is to sit and listen. It is easier to do." A good reminder for me to not live on the edges - either doing too much or too little and not living in the middle, listening and learning what my Lord wants to lead me.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Beverly and I were talking the other night along this line. In America, we exalt "busy-ness." But I know of nowhere in Scripture where busy-ness is considered a strength. I do read a lot about being present and sitting in silence.

That is not said to promote laziness -- but to encourage priority.