Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Mish Mash

I hate sinus headaches.

Johnny Knox looks like the real deal. He's the speedster running down the sidelines for the Chicago Bears catching touchdown passes and formerly of ACU.

I don't hate the Cowboys, I just don't care for the Cowboys and it must be Jerry. I like Romo, Roy Williams, Witten, Barber, Felix Jones, Brookings, Ware and Jason Garrett. I thought losing the home opener at JerryWorld was humorous but didn't really care if they lost or won. I don't dislike Jerry (being that I don't know him), I just don't care for some of the decisions I see and it affects how I feel about the team I think.

There was something I kept seeing last night that irritates me. It's nothing new but when defensive players make a tackle and then act like it just saved the game winning score as they go running down the field or dancing around. Guys, you get paid to make tackles! I wish they had to do some walk of shame every time they get beat if they are going to boogie down every time they tackle someone. Or maybe they should have to watch all their little celebrations with the final score flashing in the background. They may be great guys but their actions irritate me when they do that.

The Horns made it a little too close against Tech but still won. Mack kept it in perspective after the game saying he wanted them to play perfect at the end of the season, not the beginning. Still, I bet he wishes they were playing a little closer to perfect. :)

I went to the Rangers game Saturday night after playing catch in the outfield with my son and catching a Mercy Me concert before the game. It was a thrilling ending to a season that is quickly coming to a close. While they aren't mathematically eliminated yet, they lost yesterday and it pretty well put the final nail in the coffin for the year. That said, I've never had more anticipation for next year. The stadium was packed Saturday night and the roar of the crowd when Andrus turned the double play was electric.

I get the privilege of teaching the youth class Wednesday night and I'm using the song "The Motions" by Matthew West as the springboard for the lesson. If you haven't heard the song, go to his web site or YouTube and listen to it. Great stuff.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You and I must have some kind of vibes going today. Our blogs are eerily similar. However, you were kinder to Jerry Jones than I was.