Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Crazy Out There

3 terrorist plots thwarted yesterday. I'm glad the Feds caught up with these guys but I don't believe they can catch all of them. Yesterday's efforts indicate to me that we can expect more carnage and maybe sooner than any of us care to think about.

This is one of those moments where I really wonder what God is thinking. I do believe he will use any situation for his glory but this is one of those deals where I cannot think out-of-the-box enough to imagine how he will use terrorists activities. Just for the record, I'm all for sending a legion of angels down to put a whooping on the terrorists but go back to what I have stated before; I want to worship a God who thinks bigger than me and sees more than me. I've offered my opinions plenty of times and occasionally I was aligned with him enough that I got what I wanted but I think these terrorists issues are going to take a bigger view and mind than what I can offer God. Still, I might mention to him the legion of angels idea...
_________________________________________________

It kills me to see the Rangers lose to the A's. OK, it hasn't killed me but I rather see them close out the year beating teams they should beat. I wonder if they are interested in listening to my ideas?
_________________________________________________

The Cowboys play Monday. My only interest is that Marion Barber is one of my fantasy football running backs. Get well Marion!
_________________________________________________

It's a sports weekend at our house and I can't be in 2 places at once. I hate weekends like this because I don't want to miss either child doing their thing.
_________________________________________________

God is so good. Wednesday night, we sang In Christ Alone, a song I have come to love and cherish. My hope is not in people, not in things but in Christ alone. Anyone/anything else will fail me. Christ will not.

Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

So you can't decide between TV sports and your kids' sports activities? Then DVR the golf tournament!

Jeff said...

That had me laughing.

I won't be setting the DVR for golf though. I don't think it can record that slow.

I will be trying to catch the Longhorns playing the mighty UTEP Miners though. It ought to be a nailbiter.