Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Piece of Clay

Yesterday was interesting. Up early for an FCA breakfast then a meeting with a candidate for U.S. Senate, a little work and then to the beating of the Rangers. Some days are more interesting than others and some certainly end with better results than last night but the time with special people was truly enjoyed.
__________________________________________________

I haven't heard the song yet but there are lyrics I ran across today from a Marvin Gaye song, "Pieces of Clay" and I thought they were so true.

Don't you see that's what wrong
With the world today
Everybody wants somebody
To be their own piece of clay

We are supposed to be the clay. We are supposed to be the one who is being molded by the Creator. I don't know what he is going to make with me. I can't envision the final work but the artist has a plan.

I get caught up wanting to know the plan, interject my desires in the plan, create the path for the plan to follow. I want to be the molder instead of the molded. I think I can see outcomes and what they will be like and I try to control things I can't control.

God, remind me that I am the clay and you are the artist. Remind me that your imagination and your vision is greater than anything I can see or envision. Shape me and help me to remember that your hands create beauty and perfection and if I just allow you to work in me, I will be a part of that beauty and perfection.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: