Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving Roundup

I ate good. 1st stop included great turkey and dressing. Different members of my family made green bean bundles (awesome), pecan pie (YUMMY) and pound cake (delectable). I had two servings of sweet potatoes too. I typically don't eat pecan pie or sweet potatoes but both were really good this year. The pecan pie vanished way too soon. 2nd stop included chicken, black-eyed peas and hot water corn bread finished off with lemon icebox pie. Good 'ol soul food. There was a lot of other good stuff too but I stuck to the basics.
__________________________________________________________________

The BCS poll is a wonderful thing. I think we should use a similar system to select the President and hire the CEO's of the Fortune 1000 companies. (I'm not being serious.)

If this year doesn't light a fire for someone to put a playoff system in, I really want to know who is getting paid off. Why is it OK for D2 and D3 schools but not D1? Yes, I'm a Texas fan and think they got ripped off but if Texas would have held on to the spot, Zero U would have gotten ripped off and Tech loses all the way around. Let them play it out on the field. Madness.
__________________________________________________________________

I heard a scripture read yesterday that has stuck with me. Jeremiah 10:23-24, "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Correct me, Lord, but only with justice - not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing."

My joy in the Lord today is that He could reduce me to nothing, to mere vapors, but He loves me and His desire for me is joy in Him and eternal life with Him.

No comments: