Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday Again

Another year is flying to a close and I'm still thinking it should be February.

The Cowboys lost...again. I'm surprised how many people at church were recording it to watch the ending. After watching a bit of news last night, I have to agree with people who say Wade Phillips isn't the answer. I think there are many other problems but the guy is a horrible interview, says nothing and looks completely lost.

I'm surprised Jerry isn't paying me millions for that expert analysis.

Texas is playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl. I hope the Texas players are more excited about playing Ohio State than I am. I'd prefer Alabama or USC.

I'm surprised the NCAA isn't paying me millions to set up the bowl games.

Houston and Air Force play in the Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth. I'm thinking that could be a high scoring affair if the weather cooperates.

I saw Texas play UCLA in basketball the other night. Texas was ranked #8 and UCLA was #9. Texas won. I'm impressed. If Texas lets Rick Barnes (the coach) ever get away, it will be a bad day.

Bridgeport lost in their football playoff game last weekend. They are the rivals but I hoped they could make it all the way.

I hope you find the peace that is beyond compare, the peace that comes from God.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

You haven't figured Jerry out yet? You have a clean record. Go commit a few crimes and become an obnoxious person -- and then you have a chance at the job.

From an ex-Cowboy junkie: This team is a pretender. 13 Pro-Bowlers? Give me a break. And not only is Philips not the answer, but I will go against the Cowboy Kingdom and say Romo isn't either.

Jeff said...

But he's so cute when he smiles.