Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to All

I hope you and those you love have a wonderful Christmas and 2009 will be filled with the blessings of God for you.

Sunday, we were reading about Mary being told she would be the mother of the Messiah. Can you imagine? I can't. If I were a young (teenager) girl and was told I would give birth, as a virgin, to the Savior I can't begin to imagine the thoughts I would have. I can guess some of those thoughts would be to run, to hide. People would stare, say things, think things. The list can go on and on but what is important is what Mary did - praised God.

God gives us gifts and too often I have been more worried about what someone would think if I was using my gift than in praising God for the gift and carrying out His will. Mary had some worries but she chose to praise God, to do His will.

I give thanks for Mary and her choice, her example to us all. Even more, I give thanks to God for sending His son, the Savior and Redeemer, for me. The sin he bore on the cross was mine and there are times the thought of it will bring me to tears but exceedingly more wonderful is that the life He was resurrected to is mine also. Eternity with God awaits for me and for you because the Christ was born and lived out God's purpose for me and for you. It leaves me without words to express my joy and peace.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

The birth of Jesus is an event that we too easily gloss over as to its significance to us.

On a different note, the image of you as a teenaged girl?