Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ballin'

Our church basketball league has started up and we played our first game Tuesday night. We lost. It's crazy to walk out to the court, the average age of our team being in the mid-to-high 30's and face of a team of high school kids with one 30 year old thrown in. I know this, kids can run longer and further than we can. We play again next week and will go out, do our best and hope to avoid a trip to the hospital again.
________________________________________________________________

Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg and got suspended from playing football. The NFL and his team have taken some heat for suspending him and I just laugh. Does a team really need a guy playing for it that, on the day he finds out he won't play the next week because of a minor injury, goes out to a club with a loaded gun and shoots himself?

This guy makes millions of dollars each year. Teachers make $30.000. If that dollar differential doesn't sum up what's wrong with our society, I don't know what does.
________________________________________________________________

The auto guys are driving to Washington D.C. for this go-round of begging. The Ford guy said he would work for a $1. I guess that's a start. I want to ask what he wants to give back for the years he's spent getting them in this position but I suppose we need to start with today and move forward. I'm still fundamentally opposed to the bailout/loan but would hate to see so many workers suffer because of the guys at the top. Then again, the unions for the workers are part of creating the problems too so I think those guys need to pay a price along with the top guys at the car companies. Maybe they should all work for a $1 until the loans are paid back.
________________________________________________________________

Having peace with God is the most incredible feeling I have ever known.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

The American auto industry is going to have to totally retool AND renegotiate contracts. I for one am pulling for them.

I LOVE your last line!