Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Hate Is A Strong Word

I try to reserve the use of the word hate. In my mind, it conjures up a very strong emotion, a very negative emotion. Hate is an active word, a state of mind or cause of action that can continue and last for any length of time.

I hate Satan. I know he is near me, I know he is attempting to manipulate me and others I come in contact with to follow his desires. I hate him and my hatred is active because I know he is alive and real and working to pull me down. I allow myself to hate him because I want to be active in trying to repel him, to stay away from him, to avoid or deal with his manipulations. I know he is as real as anyone or anything around me. Even though I can't see him, I see his work and, at times, it leads me to tears and sickness.

I love God. I know He is near me, I know He is attempting to protect me, to guide me, to love me, to comfort me and He is trying to do it for others I come in contact with. I love Him and my love is active and alive because I know He is real and gives all He has for me. I love Him because I want to be active in living glory to Him. I love Him because He gave me the ultimate sacrifice. I love Him because, even when I fall to the manipulations of Satan, even when I turn from the God who gave His son for me, He welcomes me back, He loves me, and still allows me to be bathed in His mercy and grace. He corrects me, He allows me to feel pain and suffer from my wrongs but I know He does it in love because He knows I am learning, more and more, to be strong against evil, to resist the temptations to act on my own and I am learning to rely on Him, to simply seek His will and live it in my life.

Hate is a strong word but love is even stronger, more powerful. If we lived in a world of love, the power of what we would create is infinity stronger than a world filled with hate. Hatred leads to nothingness. Love leads to action upon action upon action. Hatred stops people from doing things; love drives people to do more and more.

I love the Lord and am thankful beyond words that He loves me.

No comments: