Thursday, October 16, 2008

Waiting

Do you like to wait? I don't. I'll drive out of the way to find a path to where I'm going so I don't have to sit still for a construction zone. I don't like to wait. When I'm in line at Wal-Mart or McDonald's, I keep watching the other lines hoping to see one that is moving faster that I can slip into. I don't like to wait. I use email rather than call people because I can ask what I want to ask and move on to the next task instead of sitting on the phone on hold or waiting for a call back to ask what I could easily ask by email. I don't like to wait. Waiting raises my blood pressure and temper. Waiting frustrates me and at times I let my frustration turn to anger.

It's silly and sad. The saddest part to me is I get this way with God sometimes. I get tired of waiting, frustrated and then angry. I'm trying to learn to change my ways, trying to remind myself that my time of waiting is a great time to pray. I'm wondering if God doesn't do that to me - allow me to wait so I can spend some time with Him.

I'm working on looking at waiting in a new way and working on processing time waiting differently than I've done it in the past. I want to make it an opportunity instead of a burden, especially I use it to spend time with God. Maybe it's the time He wants with me. Maybe, just maybe, I'll use it for good and not bad.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I, too, struggle with waiting. Sitting in silence before the Lord is hard to do. After all, there is so much that needs to be done. Yet nothing proves more rewarding to me.

Melissa Taylor said...

I really struggle with waiting. I really appreciate your comments today - I needed it.