Monday, October 06, 2008

Down in Flames

I was really pulling for the Cubs and Brewers who were swept out of the playoffs. I'm still pulling for the NL but can't pick Philly or L.A. I'll just wait to see who wins. Besides, based on how my record is for the teams I'm pulling for, neither team would want me to cheer for them.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can you love Jesus and still drink a little? The link below will take you to a funny clip from the Ellen DeGeneres show where she is interviewing an 88 year old woman from Austin. I'm no fan of Ellen but this is pretty funny. It helped start my day with a laugh.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/ellen-gladys-hardy-p1.php?emf=1
__________________________________________________________________________________

What's up with the Cowboys? Is the sky falling yet? And what did TO mean in his post-game comments? I think we can gear up for a wacky season.

3 comments:

Bev Ross said...

I just watched the Ellen clip - it is totally hilarious! Thanks for sharing it!

Rick Ross said...

That clip is funny!

I think Jerry has sold us a bill of goods again. Sorry. I used to be a HUGE Cowboy fan. But I still don't think this team ranks anywhere close to teams of the past. I hope they make me eat my words.

Wade got a little testy yesterday. But what can you expect? He thinks a successful season is winning 13 games and going out in the 1st round.

Melissa Taylor said...

Oh my goodness, that was so funny! I'm wondering what her comment had anything to do with what they were talking about though! Old people are great:)