Thursday, October 30, 2008

Philly

The Phillies won the World Series last night in an odd game lasting 3 innings and played in freezing conditions. I was hoping Tampa would pull one more win out of the hat just so I could watch a little more baseball. I normally don't like any team from Philadelphia but Hamels, Utley, Rollins and Howard are guys that are fun to watch play so I was glad they won. A little baseball redemption for Brad Lidge too.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder where the college football game of the week will be. Oh yeah, that would be in Lubbock, Texas. I was really close to going to Tech for college but changed my mind pretty late in the process and ended up attending Abilene Christian. Saturday night it will be the #1 Horns against the #7 Red Raiders. Good stuff. I'm wondering what the betting line is on the over/under. Hook 'em Horns.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Where is Clint Longley when you need him? Brad Johnson is going to start again and Brooks who? might end up playing. Rumor has it the Mavs season is starting also.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Today is the district meet for our cross country teams. The high school girls team has been ranked #1 in the state most of the season and the boys have been sitting at #6. The meets this year have been amazing. Over 2,200 runners were at one of the Decatur meets and I think it's probably been close to that at a couple of other meets we went to. Run Eagles!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You mean they have already started and finished the World Series? (jk) WIth everything else going on, it had to be a ratings nightmare. I heard that the Ohio State-Penn State game on Saturday night far outdrew viewers.

Go Kory Jones!