Wednesday, October 29, 2008

End of the Song

Here's the final verses of Mountain of God by Third Day:

As I travel on the road
That You have led me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from
And the things I've left behind
But of all I've had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what's in front of me
With what's in front of me

I get tired on the journey and I have taken wrong turns. It sounds so simple to say that when realizing the hurt and pain some of those turns have taken but what has happened, has happened. Learn from the past and live for what's in front of you. What I was and did, what you were and did yesterday can be so much difference from what you and I can be today and tomorrow and the next day. It's the beauty of the journey...the difficulty scaling the mountain while seeing and knowing the majesty of the summit. I want to see the summit, to stand atop the mountain of God.

I know our collective journey will be filled with inspiring peaks and dark valleys. It will be filled with the beauty God puts around us and with rocks to climb over and holes to climb out of that satan will try to put in our way. Our Savior hung on a cross, suffering, bleeding and dying. The valley of darkness he traveled is something most of us, maybe all of us will never know but our Savior also walked out of a tomb, alive, changed from death to life. The end of His journey was to live again but in a new way, a better way than I can even imagine. The beauty of my journey is that through the mercy and grace of my God, the end of my journey will be to live again. To live with Him. To share in His glory, to revel in His love.

No comments: