Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Daze of Confusion

What's up with the Cowboys? It looks like the season is going down the tubes on a fast train. Romo hurt his pinky. Pacman may be on the way out. Even the punter has a broken foot. Ouch. Should we start waving goodbye to Wade and getting used to saying Head Coach Garrett?
_______________________________________________________________________________

So our government is going to prop up our financial institutions. I wonder if all the people who hate government sponsored medical care are going to hate government sponsored banks and businesses.

Can we have our cake and eat it to? It seems to me we either need to be prepared to live through the pain of a free market system or accept some role of government in more areas of our lives.

I'm beginning to think recent economic events are the big corner our country is turning to a very different future than what I've known growing up. I'm not saying it's good or bad - I just don't understand it well enough - but I think it will certainly be changing in big ways.
________________________________________________________________________________

Did everyone see that the Longhorns are ranked #1? I'll enjoy it this week while wondering how long it will last.
________________________________________________________________________________

Did you hear about the small-school Colorado college football player who broke his finger and would have to sit out the rest of the season so he opted to have his finger amputated so he could still play? Yow.
________________________________________________________________________________

Missions contribution update - now over $56,000. Incredible!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Good thoughts!

Cowboys: I've been saying they are overrated for a long time.

Longhorns: Glad they won, and hope they win the championship. But I don't remember a #5 leapfrogging to #1 when #2 did not lose.

I don't know what to make of the government bailout. Your observations are thought-provoking. Only time will tell.

And the Decatur Church? It's 'da bomb!