Friday, October 03, 2008

Survival

I would say Palin survived the debate but didn't offer a knock-out to put McCain back in the driver's seat. She came across better than I feared she would, had some good, folksy language thrown in with some targeted comments but still had some stumbles that shows she is very new to this stage. Now, when Obama stumbles and stutters without a teleprompter, it's no big deal to the media. Sarah's another story so she has to overcome. I'm not having high hopes that the candidate I dislike the least will win.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I've used this space before to give kudos to Rick Ross and Jacob Baker and want to take a second to do that again. Rick continually brings great messages from God to our church family every Sunday and Jacob blows me away in the way he works with our youth - the love he shows for them and the way he shares the Word of God with them. I thank God these two men and their families are in Decatur and using their talents and their desire to serve God among us.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The Cubs are going for another 100 year curse I guess. I'm struggling because it looks like it will be the Phillies and Dodgers in the NL Finals. I don't care for Philadelphia because of the Eagles and their obnoxious fans and I'm not crazy about seeing Manny making it to the World Series just because he's Manny. He's an incredible hitter but so...Manny. I like Joe Torre though but I like to watch Chase Utley and Cole Hamels so the Phillies may be my NL team.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Thanks for the kind words. It was just about 4 years ago that you and I met at Chili's in Roanoke. I am grateful.

I thought both VP candidates did pretty well last night. They both answered the questions, and there was a tone of civility that was refreshing.