Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shootout in Big D

My plan was to be asleep before halftime was over but leg cramps kept me up into the early morning hours so I was thankful the big football game was an exciting one. The Dallas D wasn't too impressive until the final minutes when they really stepped it up. Romo looked like he had a case of the jessica voodoo in the first half but came back and played a pretty good second half. And while I can go days without much interest in the Cowboys, it's always good to beat Philly.
__________________________________________________________________________________

The Rangers have finally worn me down. I haven't caught much of a game in the last week. It could be partially due to scheduling but when the season is out of reach, it's easier to flip over to something else. I'm pulling for the Cubs now. They came close to pitching 2 no-hitters in 2 nights. I'd like to see the White Sox make it too for Ken Griffey Jr.'s sake but I don't see anyone getting past the Angels. Go Cubs.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I'm loving the weather right now. Crisp mornings and cool afternoons. I think I could live OK if this was the daily weather pattern.
__________________________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Great game last night!

I remember when the Astros won their division in 1986. They were in a close race coming down to the last week. With three games left against the Giants, Jim Deshais (sp?) pitched a two-hitter for a win. The next night, Nolan Ryan pitched a one-hitter. And on the final night, Mike Scott pitched a no-hitter. It was incredible!