Monday, September 15, 2008

Faith

I get an email each week from a Christian leadership journal and this week's topic is faith. Faith is something I wrestle with constantly and quite frankly, I just get tired at times. It's not that I ever lose all faith; I don't because I firmly believe in God and His sovereignty but my faith wavers. I wonder if He hears my pleas and if He is working where I feel like I need so much help. It's also those times that I wonder if He has something completely different planned for me than what I'm thinking and that is where the wavering comes in. At times it is hard for me to accept that my desires and ideas (or as our preacher said it yesterday, "my instructions") are not what God wants for me.

My battle with faith comes down to my way or God's way and what I am willing to accept. Will I accept what He provides me with joy or will I cling to what I think is best? Will I continue to question whether He hears my pleas or trust that He is working in me in ways I do not understand? Will I continue to praise Him in the storms or just in the sunshine of life?

I waver at times but even in these times, I am working on increasing my faith, giving God more glory because He is sovereign. My hope is that my faith will increase and my wavering will die and that I will learn to lean on God and wait on God - to stop giving him my instructions and begin to listen for His voice.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

There have been times in my life where I have stepped out in full faith, and God has taken care of me (and my family), so why do I struggle with it still? Faith is something that I will always struggle with, I think. It is a tough journey.