Monday, September 29, 2008

Love and Football

It's another day where the thoughts in my head come up with a lot of words and a long blog so I'm going to mash on them a bit more. I'm wrestling with the concept of unconditional love - what it is and what it means in the way I live and treat people. I'm coming to the conclusion that if I want to follow God's way, I need to change my concept of who and how I give love and trust and respect. I have treated those things as something somebody can earn but I'm coming to see that God freely gives love and trust and respect. I can never earn it from Him which begs the question of why I try to make people earn it from me.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The Cowboys lost. I think I saw 2 plays of the game because I was sleeping right through it but can't wait to hear DFW talk radio today about how the team is falling apart. I did catch TO's comments last night about how he needs more touches and I heard the NFL analysts on last night's game explaining that 20% of the plays were directed towards him. You think that will generate some talk among fans?
_________________________________________________________________________________

The Rangers lost the last game of the year. I'm ready for the playoffs and am pulling for the Cubs, Brewers, Red Sox and Dodgers in that order. The Brewers might go to #1 on my list simply because of the joy of CC Sabathia and the way he plays the game.
_________________________________________________________________________________

It was a wacky college football weekend. Zero U. moved into the #1 spot and Texas is now #5. That makes October 11 look like a great day for a rivalry showdown in Big D. Missouri is #4 and Texas Tech is #7. That's pretty impressive when 4 of the top 10 are from the Big 12.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I agree with your comments on the Big 12 -- a conference that has been considered weak in the last few years. Last weekend really shuffled things around.

The Cowboys? We shouldn't make much out of one game. But I am wondering if the hype has been piled on too quickly when people compare this team to the 3-Super Bowl team of the 90s.

Melissa Taylor said...

I'd heard that 30% of the passes came TO's way?! He is so stinkin arrogant - he needs to keep his mouth shut more than he has it open. Broncos lost too, but our loss was way worse than your guys loss. Oh well, it's just one loss so far. We still have the same record :)