Monday, September 01, 2008

Laboring Day

I'm laboring on Labor Day because retail never sleeps. I'll make sure and sneak out a little early today though - I hope.

Gustav is coming ashore. I feel so bad for the people who are affected by this weather. I'm praying today that God will take care of them with what they need.

I'm tired of all the Barack-bashing email. Folks, he's not my candidate but John McCain ain't Superman either. I disagree with most of Obama's stances but respect the fact that he has the guts to run for President. I get the feeling most Americans would rather complain than step up. The latest bashing email says Obama only has 143 days of experience but it's coming from people who plan to vote with absolutely NO experience. What qualifies them to vote? McCain has been in government for years and how has that improved my life? I enjoy politics for the psychology of it all but have no faith in our government to do much for us.

Speaking of the psychology of politics, how about McCain's VP pick? This will be really interesting (especially with all of her national experience!) to see how people respond to this choice.

My daughter ran her first high school cross country race on Saturday and set a PR (that's personal record in high-school speak) for herself. It was a warm, humid day running a pretty hilly course. I chased her around as much as I could and it is amazing to see the difference in her running and her will to compete since last year. I am so proud of her because she is accomplishing something that is hard and requires a lot out of her. It speaks volumes about the girl she is and the woman she will become. I love her and am thankful she encourages me.

2 comments:

Bev Ross said...

Get home as quick as you can! I say "amen" to your thoughts today.

Rick Ross said...

You spoke for me today as well. Thanks.