Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fancy Feet

I'm not admitting that I watched Dancing With The Stars but Warren Sapp is amazingly quick and light on his feet. If he can let his personality come through a little more I think another football player will win it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I went to another middle school FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) breakfast this morning and continue to be surprised how many kids show up. I'm guessing there were 60 or more kids there this morning. That's cool.
_________________________________________________________________________________

What's up with the bailout package that may never come? The stock market took a bit hit yesterday which tells me the big investors are expecting Congress to act - not hide in fear. I'm not a fan of the bailout but the alternative will be pretty painful. One thing is for sure, if Congress doesn't make fundamental changes in how they do business, this will never end. They can put band-aids on it for awhile but not for long.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I can't help but laugh to myself when I question God and then hear the answer. I have a problem being patient with God at times...OK, most of the time... and have been questioning whether He is hearing me. I got my answer over the weekend that He hears me and that I still need to wait on Him. I guess I laugh because the answer comes when I don't expect it and it's something I already know and just need to get set straight on.

I'm thankful He is faithful, that He knows my hurts and concerns and that He will answer in His good time. I'm thankful He loves me when I'm unlovable and pours His mercy on me when I fall. I'm thankful He is always there with arms open and I am thankful He has prepared a way for me to be with Him.

2 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

I am shocked that so many kids show up for FCA. I went to a MUCH bigger junior high and high school, and we only had about 20-30 people each time. Good things are happening here!

Rick Ross said...

"Dancing with the Stars"? Next thing we know you're going to tell us you DVR "Oprah" every day!