Monday, September 08, 2008

Kids Aplenty

We hosted our youth group after church last night. Some 40 or so kids showed up to have a devo, eat and fellowship. It's amazing to see our group of kids together and see them bringing friends to their activities. My wife did a great job putting on a feast for them. It was heart-lifting for me to be a part of last night.
__________________________________________________________________________________

It's amazing how God takes care of us when we turn to Him. I have been calling on God to help me in a situation and wondering if He is hearing my pleas because I have not seen the result "I" wanted. While I was preparing for class over the weekend, part of the lesson plan included the scripture about having faith the size of a mustard seed and what God can do with that faith. It was a timely reminder that I just need to keep trusting God - that His timing may not be the same as mine but faith in Him will be rewarded.

I was teaching our middle school kids Sunday morning and surprised by their willingness to answer questions and some of the questions they asked. They asked some things that made me think about God's purpose for me and a reminder for me to trust in Him.

It's amazing how God uses so many people around us - of all ages, faiths and beliefs - to help us know Him better.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

We have a SWEET bunch of kids, I am encouraged by their servant hearts.