Friday, August 22, 2008

Where's Your Sign?

One of the country comedians had a big hit a few years ago with a "where's your sign?" bit aimed at stupid questions and a lack of common sense. It was pretty funny and has hung around for awhile. I got to thinking a few years ago that church might be better served if we wore our signs in - our signs that listed our sins and our failings - not so that we would feel bad but that we would remember we are all sinners without the grace of God, not that we would call attention to ourselves but that the hurting that came in would know they were not alone.

My cousin (thanks Linda!) sent me an email with a link to Cardboard Testimonies on YouTube. (It appears this church read my mind!) For me, it's a powerful video because a lot of the signs could be mine. They remind me that I am worthless without God - that my life means nothing until I can hold up my sign showing my sin but be able to flip it over and show what a wonderful, powerful, loving God can do in my heart.


1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I've seen the video before. It is powerful!