Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sick of Spam

I'm so tired of spam. At work, we utilize a special software to filter spam because our public domain name makes us an easy target. Lately I'm getting bombarded by CNN Special Alerts that want me to buy some penny stocks. Fortunately, they are all getting caught in my spam filter and a quick press of a mouse key makes them go away but I still have to check it periodically just to make sure email I do need isn't lost in the filter.

I see spam around me more and more often now. I'm constantly bombarded with messages I don't need or want. Whether it's provocative TV and billboard ads, people who are always negative, junk on TV, crazy drivers - whatever it is that is at work to draw my attention away from where it needs to be, it drives me crazy. As I turn my focus more and more to the spiritual battle that is going on around me, a battle that I cannot always see or define but that I know is actually being fought for my heart and my mind, I realize the spam in my life is the devil at work trying to draw my attention and focus away from God. Fortunately, God equipped me with a spam filter - the Holy Spirit - that I can use to trap the spam and remove it from my sight. All I have to do is use it.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Spam -- that stuff is nasty! Whoever created it must have been REALLY hungry.

Oh, you didn't mean that kind of Spam? Never mind.