Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Comeback Kids

OK, I'll try to make this my last Rangers-centric post for awhile but last night's game was incredible. I was able to get some tickets to the game last night a little higher up than my normal vantage point but it didn't matter with the ending the Rangers gave us. I got home rather late but couldn't sleep so I got to see SportsCenter and the Rangers had the #1, #3 and #6 plays of the day. Not bad for a team that doesn't get much respect or time from ESPN.

Naturally, the Rangers were down early but hung in there and tied it up in the latter innings. The game went into the bottom of the 9th tied 5-5. The bases get loaded with 2 outs and I'm thinking extra innings and a very, very late night when Marlon Byrd blasts a walk-off grand slam to win the game.

I'm impressed with these guys. They aren't a great team but they do battle and I appreciate that. I never expect the Rangers to do alot but I do want to see some competitive baseball and they are making it fun this year. Go Rangers!
_____________________________________________________________

Tonight should be fun. We are taking several young ladies to Ft. Worth to eat celebrating my little girl's impending birthday. I wonder if it will ever be quiet at the table? I hope not but that they have so much fun it is noisy the whole time. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: