Monday, August 25, 2008

Ouch

I took my baby girl to high school today. Neither she nor I am old enough for her to be going to high school. I remember walking her to her kindergarten class holding hands. That certainly wasn't an option today! My baby girl is growing up into a beautiful young woman and I am so proud of her. I wish I could hold back the years and stop the aging process but know it isn't possible. Instead, I will keep trying to learn to live today and help prepare her for tomorrow. She has been a gift from God and I am thankful she is in my life - even if it means she is going to grow up on me.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I took my little boy to his first day of middle school. He's growing up too fast also. I remember when he was in kindergarten and I got to walk him to class the first few days of school. I pull up one day and he says "I got it Dad." He didn't need me to go with him anymore. Brutal.

I have been blessed with two incredible children. I thank God for them and hope they will spend their lives striving to know Him and being a light to the world.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

They grow up so fast! As far as your age -- I was a grandpa when I was about your age!

Melissa Taylor said...

You do have some amazing kids. I hope they both had good days at school. I know they will both do great things this year by being an amazing influence to their friends.